Re: (erielack) TIME CHANGE

11/19

As a member in good standing of TCIU (the Clerk's Union), I am familiar with
the "Time Change" procedure on the railroads -- having worked midnights for
the last several years and being on duty during the Spring and Fall time
changes.  Employees who work (or are scheduled to work, but take a vacation/sick day
on the affected night) during the Spring time change are given eight hours pay
 -- period (even though they only work seven). Likewise, employees who work
(or are scheduled to work, but take a vacation/sick day on the affected night)
during the Fall time change are given eight hours pay (even though they work
nine).

EXCEPTION: If the employee in question did not work or was scheduled to work,
but took a vacation/sick day) on the night of the Spring time change, then
he/she is entitled to the extra hour's pay (at overtime) for working the Fall
time change.

This question came up at work because I work both evenings, but get paid
eight hours for each. However, the person who I work with took a vacation day on
the night of the fall time change and the person work worked in his place got
9-1/2 hours pay -- since she had NOT worked the night of the Spring Time
Change.

Bill Shapotkin