Re: (erielack) Re: [AnthraciteRR] Phoebe Snow Cars 1950's

Bob,
It is possible that the car in the builder's photos had its diaphragms
painted gray specially for the photo, to highlight the overall streamline effect-the
bui;lders were known to do this sort of thing. In most photos I've seen, they
appear to be black. Probably using grimy black or some other variant of a
greyish off-black would be best-anyway these things got pretty grimy in service.
Then ones on my Phoebe Snow are black--because that's the way they came out of
the Walthers package back in1965 or so.
Jim