Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 16:29:53 -0500
From: David M Goessling <dgoessling_@_lucent.com>
Subject: (erielack) Great Train Robbery article

I was searching on the Morristown (NJ) Daily Record  site and ran across this
article that I didn't see anyone post (sorry if it was...):

http://www.dailyrecord.com/news/articles/news1-firstmovie.htm

It's about the early Edison film The Great Train Robbery. Legend has it that it
was shot along the Lackawanna near Dover, though opinions still differ. It's
always looked to me like the curve approaching Mt. Tabor, but others can surely
be more specific. Al H?

BTW, the article states:

""The Great Train Robbery" was released to the public on Dec. 1, 1903, according
to the Dover Area Historical Society, which will be commemorating the 100th
anniversary on Nov. 12 at St. Clare's/Dover Hospital."

Anyone know about this event?

dave G