Re: (erielack) EL-related model (sort of! :)

The M&E leased an Erie Alco S-2 while 14 was back at Alco for repairs. If
memory serves me correctly it was the 413. Some years later the E-L offered
the unit for sale to the M&E but they turned down the offer due to its
mechanical condition.

If you look at that shot in Rich Pennisi's book you'l notice that M&E 15
has/had a tall, narrow, retangular nonstandard exhaust stack topped with
heavy wire mess screening. No doubt a number of details will have to be
changed and added on the Atlas unit to make it correct. Roller bearings were
applied to all axles during its last rewheeling. At last report the empty
hulk of 15 was stored in Essex, Connecticut. That information is several
years old so I am not sure if it is still there.

Al Holleuffer

End of EL List Daily V3 #901