RE: (erielack) EL-related model (sort of! :)

> This will be a great model for us M&E fans, Morristown & Erie
> RS-1 was purchased by the Railroad in 1963 from the US Navy
> (Orig #650075) Alco Const. #72,817 it was rated at 1000 Hp.
> Just enough to work the steep interchange to the DL&W (EL) at
> Morristown, is that a 4% grade?  The M&E named the engine for
> past President R. W. McEwan Jr. It worked along side their
> other Alco S-4 #14, that's the engine that put an end to the
> steam era on this neat little shortline. They still had three
> steam engines on the roster in 1952. For 8 years #14 didn't
> miss a day of work! (I hope Atlas releases this engine soon)
> That is till it was damaged in an enginehouse fire and had to
> return to Alco for repairs, and a new paint scheme that was
> used on the new "Atlas Model" RS-1 #15.

As a side note, there is a neat shot of M&E #15 in Rich Pennisi's EL softcover on the Cut-Off - it was apparently being shuttled to Scranton shops for wheel work. There's your excuse to buy one... :)

> Did M&E ever use any other EL related locomotives for such an
> extended period? (I know they used a B&M Geep in the late
> 60's) but I am talking EL engines.

I thought they did use an Erie Geep for a short period of time?