Re: (erielack) Buffalo DL&W station proposed for museum

Just follow the light rail tracks towards the Lake Erie & you'll run into
the DL&W Terminal!  Neil W.
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:39:31 -0400 (EDT) "J. Henry Priebe Jr."
<root_@_net.bluemoon.net> writes:
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Dick Honeyman wrote:
>
> > I'm likely to be in Buffalo this spring and would like to take a
> look at
> > the DL&W station.  My search so far makes me think it's on the
> river
> > just south of the HSBC Arena.  Is that correct?
> >
> > Dick Honeyman
>
> Yes, it is basically next door to the arena between South Park Ave
> at the
> foot of Main St and the Buffalo River.
>
> The terminal property and surrounding area are virtually
> unrecognizable from
> pre-1980 times.
>
> The LOC website has some photos and data at:

http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?collId=hhphoto&fileName=ny/ny0100/ny
0199/photos/browse.db&action=browse

> That's the shortest functional URL to get right to the pages (LOC's
> URL scheme
> is an abomination) so beware of wrapping lines when doing a copy and
> paste to
> a browser.
>
> Henry
>
> J. Henry Priebe Jr.    Blue Moon Internet Corp Network
> Administrator
> www.bluemoon.net       Internet Access & Web Hosting
> www.railfan.net        Railfan Network Services

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!