From: "James Harr" <bnchmark_@_eclipse.net>
To: "ErieLack Digest" <erielack-digest_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2003 9:11 AM
Subject: Re: (erielack) Autoracks (was Mahwah consists)

> Listfolk;

> There are Ford Falcon (60-61)*, Comet (a Mercury, 61-62), Zephyr
(European), Thunderbird (58-60)*, "Consul (European)", "Anglia" (Euro, but I
did see one in a US junkyard), Dodge
> Dart (64-65), DeSoto (58), Plymouth Suburban Wagon (59), Chevy El Camino
(60), Lincoln Continental (need to see this one),
> Studebaker Hawk (64)*, [There also should be a '60-'62 Studebaker Lark*]
and lots of foreign cars. They are imported froim Spain, so
> some of the names may be European names for what are in fact domestic
> cars...

Also there is a Willys Jeepster wagon that's good for '49 through '62, but
it too is oversize.  Some of their military trucks are US prototypes too,
but I haven't seen them to see how they fare..I wouldn't be surprised if
these too are the same as if you pick up a 1960's era AHM box and read the
listings for the "MiniTanks" and so forth, as they imported these for a
while.

Probably getting away from EL-specific topics here, but if anyone knows more
about liscensing or making dies and wants to discuss my previous idea please
write me off list.  Maybe it would be worthwhile to put together a decent
presentation and lobby some model manufacturers with it.

Bill K.