RE: (erielack) Buffalo DL&W station proposed for museum

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Dick Honeyman wrote:

> I'm likely to be in Buffalo this spring and would like to take a look at
> the DL&W station.  My search so far makes me think it's on the river
> just south of the HSBC Arena.  Is that correct?
>
> Dick Honeyman

Yes, it is basically next door to the arena between South Park Ave at the
foot of Main St and the Buffalo River.

The terminal property and surrounding area are virtually unrecognizable from
pre-1980 times.

The LOC website has some photos and data at:

http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?collId=hhphoto&fileName=ny/ny0100/ny0199/photos/browse.db&action=browse

That's the shortest functional URL to get right to the pages (LOC's URL scheme
is an abomination) so beware of wrapping lines when doing a copy and paste to
a browser.

Henry

J. Henry Priebe Jr.    Blue Moon Internet Corp Network Administrator
www.bluemoon.net       Internet Access & Web Hosting
www.railfan.net        Railfan Network Services