(erielack) Re: EL List Daily V3 #889

About the DL&W train ----------
I grew up in Oswego, NY, age 0-15 years. In my collection of photos, I have a
photo of a DL&W camelback, lettered for the Oswego & Syracuse. I did not take
the photo, but I believe the Lackawanna created (modified) an engine for a
centennial or sesquicentennial celebration in Oswego. My grandparents and
cousin were in the parade. I estimate the year to be early 40's. I started
photographing in Oswego when I was 12, (1944). I know the NYO&W was still
operating. The NYC ran through from Rochester to Paulaski (thereabouts),
where it joined the Syracuse - Montreal line. The NYC also ran from Syracuse
to Oswego, but on the East side of the Oswego River. The DL&W ran on the West
side. The NYO&W turned toward Oswego at Central Square, where the Central NY
chapter of the NRHS maintains the depot and a small collection.

Don't know if this helps or not, but you may find it interesting.
Richard Jacobs  ELHS #1707