Re: (erielack) Mahwah consists

Chris, Vic and list:

Accurail has been offering a service where, if you send them a request (and
a check, I assume ;-) they will send you a decal set with different number
series for their freight cars. These decals are the proper number font
printed on a background of the proper car color, to make re-numbering as
easy as can be. Go to this URL to learn more about it (no, I don't work for
them, just like the idea...)...

http://www.accurail.com/accurail/decals.htm

There you can find out the pertinent info.

Jim Harr

Accurail does both a bi and tri-level (open) autorack as was very common in
the 60's and 70's and does one of both in EL along with several other
roadnames that were appropriate on the Mahwah plant trains.  I have not yet
had a chance to assemble these, but Accurail had a good reputation for
prototype fidelity and my guess is they make a fine model for a pike in this
time period.  Maybe some of the list members can give you feedback with
their experiences with this model as it has been out for a year or two.  I'm
also not sure if they manufacture multiple #'s for each road or if you're
stuck with the same road # if you buy multiple units of the same model /
road (e.g. EL bi-levels all come with the same road #).