Re: (erielack) Mahwah consists

Vic: You're in luck these days as there are a number of manufacturers that are producing the items of rolling stock you are looking for.  Accurail does both a bi and tri-level (open) autorack as was very common in the 60's and 70's and does one of both in EL along with several other roadnames that were appropriate on the Mahwah plant trains.  I have not yet had a chance to assemble these, but Accurail had a good reputation for prototype fidelity and my guess is they make a fine model for a pike in this time period.  Maybe some of the list members can give you feedback with their experiences with this model as it has been out for a year or two.  I'm also not sure if they manufacture multiple #'s for each road or if you're stuck with the same road # if you buy multiple units of the same model / road (e.g. EL bi-levels all come with the same road #). Also, Athearn and Walthers both have made an 86' box car seen in auto parts service with a variety of names relevant to the time period you're modelling.  Also, a model RR concern in New Jersey by the name of Model RR Post Office released (albeit several years ago, probably at least 7-8 years) a custom decorated 86' box cars in two styles, one with one door in the middle of the car per side and another with 2 doors per side, each door located towards the end of the car).  I have a few of both and they are good models. Atlas manufactured a 60' ACF box car that saw auto parts service.  They released these probably 2 - 3 years ago, so they might be hard to come by, but you may find some with persistent effort. Good luck in your efforts! Regards, Chris
vic caddy <vic_@_cadd58.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:Hi Christopher, Thanks for the info, this is the most informative I have
received so far, as I wanted some idea of the actual railroads involved, as
I want to try to build a close representation in HO scale. to run on my
local modular club layout, because almost all members run modern day
equipment, including enclosed auto racks.
Thanks again,
Regards,
Vic Caddy

Do you Yahoo!?