(erielack) Fwd: DL&W Excursion train in Owego, NY

Listers: Sorry, I forgot to cc the list on this one. Regards, Chris
Christopher Thurner <crthurner_@_yahoo.com> wrote:Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 20:44:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: Christopher Thurner
Subject: DL&W Excursion train in Owego, NY
To: dlw1el2_@_aol.com, jscaptura@stny.rr.com

Bob may be right here.  Notice no platforms or people getting on or off of the passenger cars and all the activity around the loco cab.  Also, there are people mulling around the cars at mid-train and some on the right of train appear to walking to the rear. Aside from the question asked and the topic at hand, what an interesting picture.  Notice the variety both in the consist and to the rear of the subject train.  In the center of the rear portion of the picture it looks like there is a few milk tank cars (possibly Borden type) and I can't make out the 3 or so cars in the extreme left rear of the photo, although, it almost looks like the rearmost car has a stack of some sort on top of it. Also, any speculation as to the type of car that is one or two behind the third passenger?  It almost looks like a MOW car or other special purpose car possibly.   The dark colored car behind it, looks like it has a cab or a cupola of some sort on it.   Lastly, can anyone tell me what the three white poles are by the street / parking area, and what were they used for (the leftmost one appears to be approximately the same height as the telegraph pole behind it)? Great picture!  Lots of feel and character and come to think of it, this would make / inspire a great model scene / diaroma (sp)! Regards, Chris ThurnerFrom Archives_@_Railfan.net