Re: (erielack) FW: barges

Jim, I found Martin T Nesbitt in the US Social Security Death Index:

Nesbitt, Martin T, born 1 Apr 1899 died 18 Feb 1963.  He may have died
in a US Veterans Administration Hospital,  He was a Railroad worker and
his RRA number was 706-12-1494.

If you go to http://ssdi.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi and search for
him you will find a link to an SS-5 letter form  which for $27 will get
you his application for the RRA.

Do a Google search on Railroad Retirement and you may find a web site
that will give you more info about finding information on him.

Retirement, Nesbit/tt, and Jersey City or Hudson County NJ and ask
there.

Ask for a lookup in a Jersey City newspaper for an obit or in Jersey
City City Directories for him.  You can also search for the jersey City
Library and they may find and make a copy of the obit.

good luck, bob gillis, railfan and genealogist