Re: (erielack) Trying to date this picture

In a message dated 4/12/2003 8:54:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jscaptura_@_stny.rr.com writes:

> Here is a photo of what appears to be an excursion at the DL&W station in
> Owego, NY.  Does anyone have any details as the when this picture might
> have
> been taken or what the occasion was?  It also looks to me like this train
> is
> on the track that leads to the Ithaca branch, rather than the westbound
> track - but I can't tell for sure.  Anyone have any better details?

Joe
Its not an excursion train, but one of several NEW EQUIPMENT  trains the
Lackawanna ran around the system to show off its new equipment. Note all the
cars are different and many are freight.
Looks like one of the white colored reefers that had black lettering in the
consist.

Bob