(erielack) Walther Pullman 6-6-4 model

Have obtained some of the Walthers undecorated Pullman 6-6-4 cars.  The
undecorated models only come with full skirting.  I don't know if they were
originally delivered to the Erie in this configuration, but I know later in
the Erie history (as well as American Way which did get an EL repaint) they
were unskirted.  I got one Santa Fe version, which is unskirted.  On the
latter I found be gaps between some of the underbody components which makes
them look different than the prototype.  There was also a slight "skirt"
that comes down between the trucks a few inches which is NOT on the
Walthers unskirted model.  The best model I've found back a which ago was
the coach yards brass model, listed as SP and costing big $$.  I think I'll
work or removing the skirting on the undecorated model as I feel it will
look closer to the prototype.

Tony Horn
ELHS #2

- --- William Horn
- --- tonyhorn_@_earthlink.net
- --- EarthLink: The #1 provider of the Real Internet.