RE: (erielack) auto trains

Vic,

> I would like some info on the EL freights that served the the
> Ford plant
> in Mahwah. Did any other railroads supply box cars , auto
> racks etc. and
> in what proportion. Also, did the EL serve any other car plants and
> associated factory's,

I forget the train numbers that dropped off/picked up at Mahwah (oh Jay Held, where are you? :), but the cars that served the plant were from many roads (usual pooling that is seen in the auto industry). High cubes came from all over. I'm not sure what shorter cars (60') came there, but there was a rainbow of 86' boxcars.

In New Jersey, at least, EL served Chrysler's auto facility (loading, unloading? I don't remember) in Jersey City, as well as F.J. Boutell (was this the same as the Chrysler facility)  This was all strictly autorack traffic, no parts cars.