(erielack) "Spanish" or "Mission" style tile roofs of the DL&W

I am wondering if anybody knows what color of roofing tiles the DL&W used
on its signal towers, passenger stations, or any other structure with this
kind of tile.  Most of the older pictures are black and white, while many
of the structures that survived to the era of color photography the roofs
did not.  A couple color photos that survive show "clay red" and green.

I am currently researching the Mattes Street Tower in Scranton for exterior
restoration.  Built in 1911, it appears to have a tile roof of alternating
color.  Color photos dating back to the early 50s show the roof replaced
with the current green asphalt-type roofing it has today.  Talking to
people that claim to remember the color of the old tile roof has resulted
in contradictions.  One remembers clay red "terra-cotta" tiles while
another remembers flat, black slate tiles.  Surface finds in the vicinity
of the structure show glazed brown tile fragments, and a single green
glazed tile fragment.

I am planning to dig around the structure a little more, and maybe look
under the existing roofing to see if any of the early tile remnants still
exist.  I am approaching "tile" experts and architects for their opinions
on the subject as well.  I thought I might try this discussion group again
to see if this gets anyone thinking.  Any information on the subject would
be much appreciated and I am more than willing to share my research.

Patrick McKnight
Historian, Steamtown NHS