(erielack) FW: EL List Daily V3 #883

Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 08:17:22 EDT
From: VSX9000_@_aol.com
Subject: Re: (erielack) Water tower on the NJ Cut Off?
In a message dated 4/7/2003 5:46:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,=20
ANDOVERJct_@_aol.com writes:

> P.S. The Blairstown DL&W depot is supposedly haunted.

By Hackerman ....maybe??

Lou
- ------------------------------

 The Hackerman? Must be a computer ghost with half a mouse clicker =
missing :)   I think you mean the Hookerman, the one-armed spooky former =
CNJ employee who still works the High Bridge Branch here in NJ. Now =
Weird NJ Issue #16 page 73 has the story about the "Haunted" Blairstown =
station including a nice photo of the DL&W structure. The story was =
written by a former DJ who worked for radio station WFMV-FM (The =
Cutoff's best Rock???) around 1990, it was Easter morning about 1am when =
he heard a loud banging noise shaking the concrete structure sounding =
like someone was trying to knock down the front door of the station. =
about an hour after the incident a former DJ called and told stories of =
seeing Satanic Cult's adjacent to the ROW in dark hooded clothing. Not =
much of a haunt to me. But when the morning DJ arrived he couldn't use =
the front door to the station because it was so severely damaged. S p o =
o k y
  Now another story on the same page concerns former EL ROW called "Amy =
on the Tracks" about a little girl from the Revolutionary time that's =
buried in Whitenack Cemetery in Bernard's Twp. But she rather haunt the =
Gladstone Branch tracks between Basking Ridge and Summit Station. She =
has brown hair and stands about 3 feet tall, between the ages of 4 to 9. =
Oh, don't look her in the eyes or you will be doomed to die! Now that =
beats the Blairstown door knocker hands down!! hey, Isn't the =
Hackesttown Station haunted too?=20
  If anyone is interested Mark and Mark the editors of Weird NJ  =
www.weirdnj.com will be at Borders Books in Bridgewater on May 14th for =
a discussion, I am sure if enough of us go we could lead them on a long =
talk about railroad topics all night both weird and haunted. The Issue =
#20 release party is on April 30th right next to the CNJ (M&E) Hibernia =
Branch at Adam's Beer Garden, are these guys really railfans at heart? =
And why are the Lackawanna's tracks more Haunted than the Erie anyway? I =
mean it's the ERIE!!!=20
 See ya there.
            Todd-=20