Re: (erielack) Marathon Station

I do my best not to miss a ride on the S&U and today was no
exception.  You can't beat the $20 fare for a Syracuse-Round trip
ticket.  I attended the ribbon cutting ceremony at 11 and the station
in and out is gorgeous!  I will post some pictures later.

One minor correction:
Once upon a time, there was a run around at Marathon.  At some point,
they removed the north switch from the main.  That left a stub end
from the south end and another business spur off that after it crossed
Main St.  The removal of the siding track from the Main St. crossing
has left the former run around track and the business siding off that
isolated from the rail network.

Joshua in Homer