Re: (erielack) 40th anniversary of the end of service through Passaic

Listers,
I remember that day--I took the #74 bus through that area to get to
Paterson, to transfer to another bus to get to school in North
Haledon.  The ceremonies were over by the time that my bus came through on
the way home.  Someone gave me a spike that had held down some of the rail
in Passaic.

It didn't take a genius to realize that removing the rails would  be the
beginning of the end.  Had the city found a way to get more parking at the
Passaic, Clifton, and Passaic Park stations, instead of getting rid of the
rails, it would have made a LOT of difference.

Yes, running on the Lackawanna Boonton Line track on the outskirts of
Passaic was safer because of no grade crossings, but it left a large number
of commuters without convenient service.

Ken B.