From: erielack-owner_@_lists.railfan.net
[mailto:erielack-owner_@_lists.railfan.net]On Behalf Of Paul R.
Tupaczewski
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 4:56 PM
To: erielack
Subject: (erielack) FW: DL & W winton branch

Can anyone help Tony?

- -----Original Message-----
From: Maryton212d_@_aol.com [mailto:Maryton212d@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 7:31 PM
To: paultup_@_optonline.net
Subject: DL & W winton branch

  as with most railfans,my early interests have branched out.I live in
Scranton PA,and recently discovered a bunch of guys with an intertest in
the anthracite coal mines of the area.(although a little dangerous,we
behave safely) but anyway,I was wondering if anyone has any pics(for my
private viewing) of the Underwood colliery,located in Throop PA(few
miles southeast of Scranton) I believe it was served by the winton
branch,and the colliery closed in 1954(deep mining) but a strip mine was
later located there,and served by the EL.Any help would be greatly
appreciated-Tony Wilson  PS I will enclose a link to there website The
Underground Miners Website <http://www.undergroundminers.com/>

End of EL List Daily V3 #878