Re: (erielack) Some more food for thought...

Fish,
     You asked if anybody had fotos of how bad the track got in the final
days.......HELL, I've got some movies. I lived just East of the East End of
the Conklin DL&W yard & took my super8mm camera to the road crossing while an
East man started to pull. Just before the road crossing was a wet spot at a
rail joint & as each set of trucks went over it at low speed, the 2 ends of
the rail'd sink about 4 to 6 inches into the ballst & dirt & muddy water
would fly up. Another car, another splash, SQUOOSH, SQUOOSH, for about the
last 2or so cars& finally the baywindow caboose. I always felt on the DL&W
side they were living on the years of great maintainence the DL always did.
YARD TRACKS........I don't want to go there.
Regards,
  Walter E Smith
Employee #102156