RE: (erielack) March Picture

Lou wrote:

> Funny what is of low importance at the time the pix is taken
> in the backround
> and is a " Hey look at that!!!!!!  "  now.
>
> Also all the pix I've taken with the end of a loco, rolling stock,
> building,car/truck.etc....etc... but not a full shot . Now I
> say "why didn't
> I take a pix of that?"
>
> and so it goes,

I know the feeling SO WELL! In high school, I would often hop on my bike and ride around the Boonton, NJ area shooting the evening commuter trains (in those days, the U34CHs were the common power on NJ Transit trains). The U34CH's were cool, but after a while ("too much of a good thing"), they began to get repetitive. I would get excited whenever an ex-CNJ GP40P would come into town (and if an F40PH showed up, that was just incredible! :)  Mind you, I did get plenty of U34CH shots, but in retrospect, I wish I would have shot every one I saw... :(

I've since learned my lesson, and as my wife will attest to, I photograph EVERYTHING now (seriously! - concrete fence posts, switch stands, you name it). I know that some of the stuff will forever be filed into the "what did I take a photo of THAT?!?" section, but I'll never regret not having shot something!