(erielack) March Picture

Well, here we are at the end of March and not much has been said
about the RS2 on the EL calendar.  Probably because there isn't
very much to say.  This would be a picture, that if I took it, I would
probably file away.  Not that interesting.  All thought it does
demonstrate how the MOW crew used the Jordan Spreader to
create a path for water to drain away from the roadbed.  This was
the bland era of EL with very little repainting done of the old Erie
engines.  Suprisingly many of the Lackawanna road switchers did
get the new black and yellow paint which actually made them a
little more attractive than the all black paint that had been applied
to them.  But the Erie units usually got nothing more than the split
E replaced on their diamonds.  Things started to change when
William White came along.

Ed Montgomery