Re: (erielack) Scranton roundhouse and turntable

According to the information I have.  The E-L did some work on the
turntable in 1967, but sometime around 1970, the table was removed and the
Roundhouse was pretty much abandonned.  By the time Conrail got here there
wasn't much to do anything to in regards to this structure.

Pat McKnight
Historian, Steamtown NHS

                      "Larson,Martin A."
                      <LARSONMA_@_apci.com>          To:       "Erie Lackawanna Mailing List (E-mail)"
                      Sent by:                      <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
                      erielack-owner_@_lists.        cc:
                      railfan.net                  Subject:  (erielack) Scranton roundhouse and turntable

                      03/18/2003 11:03 AM
                      EST
                      Please respond to
                      "Larson,Martin A."

On March 17, 2003 Bob Stafford wrote:

>>By this time the F-7 units where having high failure rates and they may
>>have already been stored around the turntable at Scranton.

Is there any picture of the F-units in the Scranton roundhouse?

I thought the turntable and roundhouse sat pretty much in neglect during
the Conrail years.  Does anyone know the last it was used by EL before
Steamtown rebuilt it?

Marty Larson
ELHS #3033

+