Re: (erielack) Hacks and Arrow II, was: Non-member submission from "Roger Kir...

There briefly was one train with four minutes from Mt Tabot to Denville.
Thankfull, they had a L at Denville!

Even so, the MU's make better time.  I remember leaving Hoboken 10 minutes
late on an express run home, and the engineer really knew what they would
do.  He got a straight shot out of West End and didn't have to stop at the
MMC, so he went by there doing 80.  Made up a minute by Broad St!  Then e
hit the curve at Orange wide open and didn't lose any time up he grade to
Maplewood.  We hit Summit only two or three minutes late, and had to wait
for time at Morristown.

Sometimes its the engineer more than the equipment.  The ALP/Comet train
6675 I had on Thursday was five late at Summit and picked up two minutes
by Denville.  I ride this train on one Monday a month and it usually loses
time west of Summit.  Do we get different passenger loadings on Mondays
versus Thursdays?

BTW, I was at Convent late this afternoon and saw the westbound track
closed for catenary repair, presumably between Madison and Morristown.
Seemed to be working well.
- --- DLW1155_@_aol.com wrote:
> Gary,
>
> Thr Gladstone trains make the same time between Summit an Newrak because
> the
> schedules are padded to allow for delays. A good example is Train 712.
> He has
> three minutes between Orange and Brick Church. I can almost walk there
> in
> that time!!!
>
> Al Holleuffer

=====