(erielack) Polly S paint

Use the Polly scale thinner. It is a blue liquid that smells just like
alcohol but there is something else in there. Mix only enough for 1 painting
session and do not return the leftover paint to the original jar (this will
cause the rest of the paint to dry out quickly). A mix ratio of 2 parts
thinner to 3 parts paint seems to work for me. Be sure to strain the paint
before using it as it will eliminate most clogging problems. Also, be sure
to prime the model first. Jim Harr recommended Plasti-kote Car Color to me a
couple of years ago and I've been using it ever since (thanks Jim). It is an
acrylic lacquer that dries fast, is extremely thin and comes in white,
black, gray and oxide red. It can be found at automotive stores. Use the
white to prime lighter colors like red, yellow or orange. Airbrush at about
20 psi and keep the brush about 6" from your work. Don't try to cover the
model in 1 pass. Give the model many light coats (patients, patients!!). You
can speed the process by making several passes with a hair dryer in between
coats. With many coats of thin paint you will have a very nice paint job. I
know that some people don't find it necessary to gloss coat Polly Scale, but
I do anyway just to be sure. I mix the gloss coat at a ratio of 50/50 and
spray it at about 12 psi. Sorry for going on and on, just want to be
thorough.

Blake D. Tatar
BDTatar_@_worldnet.att.net
Website: