RE: (erielack) Food For Thought >> GP 35 demotion?

I lived in Paramus at the end of the EL.  A single GP35 usually worked the
NJ&NY then.  Would also see pairs of GP35s on the Mainline (though pairs of
SD45 varieties was more common).  Once when riding the train from Hoboken to
North Hackensack back in late 1974, I noticed a GP35,C4xx,U25B lashup
working the yard south of the Hoboken passenger yard.

Bill

If anyone has info on specific service for the second generation road
switchers after arrival of all the big EMD and GE six axle power, I'd be
interested in your observations.

Tim Costello