(erielack) More on motive power regionality

Tim Costello asked:

> I've held a suspicion that the Centuries were held in
> regional service during
> this time, but haven't been able to confirm that theory thus far.
>
> If anyone has info on specific service for the second generation road
> switchers after arrival of all the big EMD and GE six axle
> power, I'd be
> interested in your observations.

As I mentioned earlier, I've noticed the following power-distribution patterns (this applies to the 1970s era):

* C424s: Scranton-based, Youngstown-based local service
* C425s: Meadville and west, road freight
* GP35s: System-wide road freight and local service
* U25Bs: System-wide road freight and local service
* GP7s (ex-Erie): New York Division local service
* GP7s (ex-DL&W): Syracuse and Utica Branch local and roadfreight service
* E8s: West end road freight service
* SD45s, U33/36Cs: System-wide road freight service
* F-units: Occasional road freight service, Bloomsburg Branch and Dayton Branch trains
* EMD switchers: Primarily NY/NJ/PA local service and yard switching
* Alco switchers:Primarily west end switching (though a few called Scranton home)
* RS3s: West end local/yard service (even moreso when the passenger units were bumped west)

Of course, these aren't hard and fast rules - I have plenty of pictures of E8s on freights in New Jersey, so there were always exceptions, but these general rules seemed to apply most of the time (at least based on photographic evidence)... Has anyone noticed the above to hold true, for the most part?