Re: (erielack) Intermountain HO scale Erie F-units

        Paul, and Listers,

        RIGHT, the horns have to go.  The lettering, Not so sure it's
wrong, but it looks too high on the body.  Could probably mask off the
panel and paint over them and then re-decal from a Microscale set.
(Sorry Paul, but you don't make 'em.)  The yellow looks a little too
"creamy", but, as a modeler, you could make a case for it being faded.
But you'd have to weather the unit (s) and generally dirty it (them) up a
bit for that argument to work.
        But the question is - Why can't they get it right, especially
considering the ticket on these ?  If anyone has to pay list for these
they're looking at over $500 for an ABBA set.
        Of course, the paint job is at least a lot more accurate than the
botch job P2K did on the FA-1's a couple of years ago.  Remember, the
yellow on the roof (that wasn't there) and the striping above the cab
windows and radiators (should've been wider and extended all the way back
to just past the mid-ship doors) ?  That's a lot of messing around to get
them right.  And THEY were a little pricey too.

        Jim Flynn
        ELHS # 2598
        jimbatt1_@_juno.com