Re: (erielack) Info on DL&W NW-2 switchers

I had one of these done in the past year.  #461.  The Kato handrails
are very hard to get some paint on them so I left them black for the
time being.  I can give an answer on this tomorrow in case no one else
has yet, but I have to look at my pictures at home first.

Don't know about the '64, but the picture I have of '61 had "THINK" on
the front and rear on the left and right hand sides on the pilot.
This ornameneted text is found in the Microscale set.

Joshua

> I'm working on a HO NW-2 switcher in DL&W black (#464). Can anyone
> confirm for me if the side handrails were painted yellow. I have
seen
> photos of the GP-7's and GE 44 tonners that have yellow handrails. I
> have found a few photos of the NW-2's to get details, but they are
in
> black and white.  Thanks for any help out there!!
>
> Curtis Pope
> ELHS #1858

- --
Joshua in Cooperstown, NY