From: Joseph D. Fisher [mailto: Fish_76_@_webtv.net]
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 23:02:48 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: (erielack) Greenwood Lake Branch

Ken, Listers,

Couple of interesting notes here...

1.) The yard at WQ was at least 1/2 mile if not a bit more (compass)
north of the station, which was on the end of "Railroad Ave...

2.) My computers teacher (back in the day when Apple IIe's were
considered top of the line..) Ms. Kulick, told me of her father being an
Erie man, and working the line..

3.) Your right about the school being built upon the yard and wye. The
school property is at the ends of First and Second streets, in Wanaque,
off Ringwood and Laura aves. If you go down First street, and right at
where the street ends, and the school property begins, you can see where
the mainline runs along the property of the houses in the area.

4.) Actually, what is built upon the ROW now, north from where the
station was at the end of railroad ave (now the Golden Agers Club of
Wanaque) you have the Wanaque Municipal Recycling Property, then the
street (name slips me at the moment..) Then the First Aid Squad rear
parking lot, the F.A.S. building and bingo hall itself, then the F.A.S.
front parking lot, then about 300 feet of cinder roadbed, then a fence,
and the start of the Wanaque Elementary Softball Field and School
Property...

How do I know these things, well, the person who writes this, is a
graduate of Wanaque Elementary School, class of '91.

Too bad I didn't know then, what I know now. I would've loved to have
picked at Ms. Kulick's fathers brain for his experiances.

Joe

Doin' my part to rid the planet of the STUPID...

New Jersey Transit / Norfolk Southern
Milepost B-21.4, Boonton Tpke
Mountain View, New Jersey

~Delaware, Lackawanna and Western~