Re: (erielack) Greenwood Lake Branch

The trains that turned at Mt. View were operated pull-pull. It saved the run around move and allowed the equipment get back to Wanaque in a shorter amount of time. The lead loco on the northbound run was then uncoupled and attached to it's train for a thru trip to Hoboken. Yes there was a wye in Wanaque, with a storage yard, plus a water tower. I think that area is now a school.
George

I don't remember if these trains were operated in a kind of "Pull-Pull"
fashion with a locomotive on each end, or if they actually did a run
around move in Mtn. View at the time, but as for WQ, yes, there was a
storage yard there and I beleive a wye too at one time.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com