Re: (erielack) Greenwood Lake Branch

Ken,

There was a rather lengthy discussion on Mountain View and the Junction
there a while back on the old railroad.net (before it was shut down, and
revived by TSNY).

I think if I remember from the discussion (It ended up covering from the
beginnings, to current day) that during the time you question, the "2nd"
station at Moutain View was standing, and that there was 2 tracks there,
one on each side of the platform. If your familiar with the current
station at Mtn. View, where the stairs are that lead from the parking
lot to the platform are, right there where they meet, was the second
track...

WQ trains heading east (compass south) into mountain view would take
that second track, while Boontonline trains would hold the main. (which
is still in place.) There was a switch a little to the east, where the
current signals B-213 and B-214 stand now, where these 2 tracks
connected...

I don't remember if these trains were operated in a kind of "Pull-Pull"
fashion with a locomotive on each end, or if they actually did a run
around move in Mtn. View at the time, but as for WQ, yes, there was a
storage yard there and I beleive a wye too at one time.

Again, don't hold this as gospel, there are those on the list who are
more knowledgable about this, I am trying to remember from over a year
ago, from a source which is not available now (all the old railroad.net
archives were lost).

Maybe we should revive this discussion here, and try and pin down dates
of when and how Mountain View Jct. changed over the years in relation to
the railroads need.

Joe.