(erielack) Re: Erie Lackawanna hopper spotted

  Speaking of former EL equipment, how's this for some luck. I see many =
former EL Hi-Cube boxcars painted up for NS and CSX (NYC) all around NJ. =
But about two weeks ago buried in the consist of a northbound CSX =
freight heading for Selkirk I spied a VERY rare 8 door former EL Hi-Cube =
Boxcar, it was still in the Conrail boxcar red scheme,  I am not sure if =
it was stenciled for NS or CSX. But in the upper right corner you could =
see it still had EL 9230? stenciled on it. I think EL only had 11 of =
these style cars in it's roster! Caught me by total surprise and never =
got a photo.
Todd- (Still learning not to cover the lens cap after the locomotives go =
by!)

* As a side note former EL bay window caboose C-380, the last =
non-revenue piece of rolling stock purchased by EL after the SD45-2's? =
Is being used by NS for the local drills that work the Teterboro NJ =
area. It's painted as NJT 906 now, and loaded with graffiti. But it's =
still in use on the EL today. Based out of Croxton but stored along the =
Pascack Valley Line....27 years since EL intended it that way.    =20

Yes... It's nice to see that the local 1:1 scale hobby store still has =
these three items in stock... ELHS have that check book ready when they =
are marked down, Hee hee