(erielack) RE:Fake DL&W Equip

	This and a few other cars along with C&NW R-1 Ten
Wheeler 1385 were painted up in DL&W paint for a movie
in, I think it was, 1988. # 1385 is actually Very
simular in proportions and size to DL & W ten wheelers
and looked good in the dress. As  an interesting side
note about two days after it was repainted back to
C&NW 1385. A group of eastern railfans show up and
started giving us the verbal business because it
wasn't still painted in DL&W scheme and they had
driven all the way out on a pilgrimage to see it run
behind the real DL&W Boonton cars the museum does
have. The museum office didn't know it was slated to
get repainted that week and told them the wrong
information. After the tantrum the all piled back into
thier vans and drove off with out even taking one
picture and we never heard from them again. If you
want to know the actual liniage of the car I will find
out next time I'm up there.

	In 1994 when we ( Well , FWRHS )  leased MILW # 261
to run the New River Trips they painted the engine up
as # 1660 ?  And used it for some movie shots on the
ferry / dead head move down to Huntington , WV at
which point they reconfigured the smokebox back to
that ugly excuse for a front end that MILW used. The
lettering was all magnetic stick lettering for the
tender and for some reason no matter how many times we
washed the tender you could see the long rectangle
from where the Lackawanna  lettering was placed and
that space would not pick up dirt the way the rest of
the tender did.

	IMHO:   261 has never looked as good as it did when
it was dressed up as a Lackawanna engine. We wanted
them to leave it as it was when they got to
Huntington,WV but Steve Sandberg had his knickers in a
wrinkle over it and had them switch it back.

Rich Young†