(erielack) Trackside Around Sayre-Towanda-Waverly With Lloyd Hall

Listers,

UPS guy just dropped off "Trackside around Sayre-Towanda-Waverly with Lloyd Hall" and I have been lost in the 1950's/early 60's for about an hour. Can't speak to all the captions and text yet(what I have read has been fine) but the photos are just absolutely beautiful.  I've already broken out the magnifying glass to check out freight cars in the backgrounds. 3/5ths of the book is devoted to LV, which would be natural, with nice coverage of Erie, Lackawanna, E-L, PRR and D&H making up the rest. Unlike many photographers of this era Mr. Hall took many of these color slides (LV steam too!) in context of their surroundings. A time machine for those of us not mobile enough to visit Sayre when it was the other crossroads of the NY/PA border. Glad I ordered this one at the pre-puplication price but it is worth it at the full pop.

Rusty Recordon