(erielack) EL SDP45 sold to Museum....

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 03:53:23 -0000
   From: "boo54914" <rjs_@_athenet.net>
Subject: Wisconsin Central 6634

Evening Folks-

I am a longtime transplanted resident of Ridgewood, NJ now living in
the cow fields of Wisconsin. New to list and first post.

I just thought I'd share some news from the midwest that may be of
interest. Will post a pic of it files section, also.  I mentioned
this in the Anthracite List too.

Today, in almost excellent condition ( B/O turbo ) CN sold WC 6634,
albeit EL SDP45 3656 to a small museum in Spooner, WI. Though small,
it has a dedicated staff, and will take good care of it. Given it's
location, it will most likely stay WC colors; though there is a more
than passing interest in reverting it to EL colors.

I used to see this in Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ on time freights in El colors. I
followed it closely on the WC. I was concerned that it was to be
scrapped. The turbo went just before the WC sale to CN, and was
scheduled to be replaced; but penney pushers kabashed that idea and
sidelined it. I am happy it is being preserved; though the winters
will be hard on it.

I thought you'd be interested in this.

Regards,

Bob Schoneman