Re: (erielack) Forwarded mail....

Near Sharpsville, PA there was a government waterway project that resulted in one mile of trackage no longer being exactly a mile long. This was mile was changed to a "long-mile" thus altering the distance without changing the mileposting (the old A&GW milposts from Slamnanca, MP S 0 to Dayton, which is MP S 384.0). Now this all came from the first book in the De Young "In Color" series, and maybe someone else can be more specific, as I think this accounts for the discrepancy in the distance.

Phil Bell
ELRRco_@_AOL.com