Re: (erielack) Blast from the past

In a message dated 5/27/2002 8:42:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
pschecke_@_columbus.rr.com writes:

> The reference to the "dirt trains" reminded me of the "sand trains" run on
> the Greenwood Lake in the mid 60's during the construction of I-80.  They
> featured A-B-B-A set of F units with a sizable train of hopper cars.
>
> Does anybody know where the sand originated, and where it was sent to?
>
> Thanks

Pete
The sand came off the L&HR at Andover Jct., and went to Croxton Yard, where
it was unloaded for use in the NJ Turnpike construction.  Most trains had
five units.
ABBBA, or AB, RS3,BA combinations. Crews would make one round trip out of
Port Morris.

Bob Bahrs

End of EL List Daily V3 #569