(erielack) BevBel/Proto 2000 HO Scale E8 in early post-merger paint scheme

Dear Group,

Found a locomotive at a train shop in Phoenix that may be of interest to
someone here:

- -- BevBel repaint of an HO Scale Proto 2000 E8 in early post-merger GMY
paint scheme (ex-DL&W 819)
- -- EL diamond below lower headlight
- -- ERIE-LACKAWANNA lettering on forward lower bodyside panel, in maroon
Roman capitals, WITH hyphen
- -- Road number in maroon Gothic on rear lower bodyside panel
(There may also be a maroon road number decal below the EL diamond on
the nose, but I can't recall).
- -- DL&W style >RADIO< insignia (as opposed to "Radio Equipped" insignia
with lightning bolt)

Cost is $68.  I have no affiliation with the shop, but told the
proprietor I'd let y'all know about it, since it's not likely to be a
popular item in Phoenix.  Please send me an e-mail off-list if you'd
like the contact information for the shop.

Also visited the AZ Railroad Museum in Chandler (suburban Phoenix).
It's a small museum in the former Chandler station, with a small
collection of rolling stock under restoration.  Surprise, surprise...
they had DL&W, EL and LV passenger timetables prominently displayed in a
display case!  Most other memorabilia was from Western roads, including
a nice assortment of china and an original "Harvey Girl" waitress
uniform.  Worth a detour if you're in the Phoenix area.

Cheers,
Alan <quahog_@_sprint.ca>
ELHS #3178