Glen Alden Re: (erielack) Erie and Wyoming Valley

Bob,

"Blue Coal" was a marketing brand name used by Glen Alden Coal. From what I
have gathered, there were several breakers that used the blue dye,
apparently into the Lucky Strike days. Glen Alden was formed from many of
the DL&W coal assets after regulation split the businesses.

I have been led to believe that Honey Brook colliery, on the LV, also used
the blue dye in later years.

The blue colored coal was marketed all over.

Rob
- --
Robert John Davis
trains_@_robertjohndavis.com