Re: (erielack) The mystery of the handrails.

In a message dated 5/17/02 1:38:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Hhaines_@_aol.com
writes:

> So this really does point to a union agreement more so than just a state
> law.
> In the Baldwin discussion, someone posted the actual law, though.
> H Haines

   I doubt that the installation of the handrails was because of some law.
More likely an agreement with the union representing Erie and DL&W employees.

B&O, C&O, PRR, NYC and LV all operated in New York State, yet their EMD SW's
do not have frame mounted handrails.
Alco locomotives on the otherhand came factory equipped with them.
John Durant (EL 1967-1976)