(erielack) Youngstown Annual?

The ELHS is currently considering several locations for Annual Meetings in
the coming years, and one location being considered is Youngstown, Ohio in
2003.

Youngstown was a large traffic generator for the Erie/EL, as well as a large
interchange point for P&LE, B&O, and NYC.  Although Youngstown's industrial
steel base has diminished over the years, it is still an interesting area
with the former B&O mainline, NS's Youngstown Line, and regional Ohio
Central, which operates some former EL trackage in and around Brier Hill
yard.  In addition, there are several model railroad clubs that would be of
interest to modelers.

In order to gauge the level of effort required, I'd like to hear from ELHS
members in the area that can help us out make an Annual meeting in Youngstown
a success.  We're looking for people that can line up hotels, banquet
facilities, layout tours, and any other events that would be of interest to
out-of-area attendees.  Assistance will be provided by Society officers and
other members who have done these in the past.

Please contact me off-list if you can help us out...

Thanks

Rich Behrendt
ELHS #384