(erielack) EL 44-tonners revisited

Since Todd Hollritt brought up the DL&W's 44-tonners, here are some
questions that I've always had that I'm hoping folks here might be able to
help with...

* DL&W #53 became HT #53 - what year did this happen? Did HT #53 ever get
repainted back to EL after the merger?
* Did DL&W #52 ever get painted into EL colors? Erie #26 did get EL paint,
and I believe that DL&W #51 also did as well.
* Where were all these units stationed prior to EL, and after EL? From what
I've heard:

Prior to EL: Erie #26 worked the Bronx floatbridge yard; DL&W #51 worked
Paterson (?); DL&W #52 worked Cortland, NY; DL&W #53 worked Hoboken
floatbridge and/or the Harlem Terminal facility

Post-EL: Erie #26 seemed to be sitting around Croxton most of the time;
don't know the whereabouts of the ex-DL&W units

Thanks in advance,

	- Paul

Paul R. Tupaczewski_______________________
Lucent Technologies
Mobility Solutions                              Phone: 973-386-4966
MASD Innovations                                Fax: 973-386-4147
67 Whippany Road, Room 15D-116
Whippany, NJ 07981