Fwd: (erielack) Heights of diesels, was May calendar photo

When the 2400 class engs where based out of Scranton in 1973 they replaced
the GP-7 units that where then in local service. When we had them on the B&P
we begin to forcefully remove the whistles from then when they went under the
Broad Steet Bridge on the lead going into the "Old Mill", Coply Cement. The
bridge is curved. When on the B&P main the engines cleared alright. When
going on the side track that went into the mill and also the switches into
the team yard behind the Nazareth Depot came off this same track, the
whistles hit the side of the bridge and where toren off. The engines where
then sent to Scranton for repairs and came back with them relocated.
Cleveland was not the only place with tight clearances.
Bob Stafford