(erielack) DL&W and RDG info was Re: [milktrains] LV Milk Cars

Hi friends,

I spent another enjoyable day at the RR Museum of PA archives yesterday. My
main focus was some more research on Marconi's work on the DL&W for the Info
Age Science Center in Wall, NJ. I was not disappointed. WOW!

Anyway, on the milk car front, I have yet to spend a day there specifically
for milk car research but Kurt Bell has me anxious to do so.

There is a Reading collection in house right now which apparently has all
the car records for the Reading's small milk fleet.

I did start going through some of the DL&W milk car materials. A very
interesting negative of milk revenues on the DL&W piqued my interest. I did
not have time to really dive in.

I recommend a visit to the archives for anyone working on DL&W topics. WOW!

Rob

On 5/1/02 5:56 AM, "Dlw1el2_@_aol.com" <Dlw1el2@aol.com> wrote:

> The Lackawanna use to deliver two milk cars a day to the LV at Cortland NY.
> The cars came from the Shefield Creamery at Homer NY. Am told the cars were
> LV owned cars.
>
> Am interested to know if there are any photos of these cars published?
> How many they had?  What color they were, and there markings? etc, etc.
>
> Thanks
> Bob Bahrs

- --
Robert John Davis