Re: (erielack) May calendar photo

Subject: (erielack) May calendar photo

Paul wrote:

> These units still have the as-delivered back-to-back single chime "blat"
> horns - the EL later replaced these and moved them to the engineer's side
of
> the cab with multi-chime horns that were mounted on brackets to make them
> lower profile (which makes me wonder - did the clearance issue that forced
> the movement/lowering of the horns not exist in 1965?)

Of course it did.  The tunnels in Cleveland didn't get smaller . . .

But to be a little fair (just a little, now, don't get excited!) if you take
a look at a technical drawing of the front elevation of an Alco Century, and
an EMD SD, you'll find that the EMD fills out the clearance diagram a lot
more than the Alco.  There probably was room for the horns on the Alco.

SGL