RE: FW: (erielack) New book w/EL content

George Mason wrote:

> Why would anyone.... Especially a Realtor who uses the
> railroad service to attract customers to his area do this?
> The real estate folks in the poconos have been pushing the
> railroads return as a reason to purchase here for 10 years!
> It seems to me it is in the best interest of the real estate
> folks to encourage rail return to their area.  Look at Dover
> NJ for example You just cant rent good living space in this
> town and I'd bet the commuter opportunity has a lot to do with this.

Very true. The "Midtown Direct" service from Dover has started turning this
"less than desirable" town from years past into an excellent commuter town.
Heck, my house has increased in value 50% in the 3 years I've owned it!

Of course, this is all in high-density population areas. The EL's biggest
problem in Ohio/Indiana is that it really didn't hit any "giant" population
centers. The biggest city was Cleveland, and that was on a branch. :(