(erielack) Erie coach

Some time back I asked around about an ex-Erie heavyweight long distance
coach in Utica.   I've seen the car; it does exist, and I have photos (need
to be developed at this time) to prove it.    It's a mate to the car in the
May 1992 Railpace (page 53, top) which became a bar-lounge in Cooperstown
Jct. NY.   This second car is not in the best of shape but looks like it
could be saved short a major defect; have heard rumors of a bad truck or
cracked frame though.  The mate was originally Erie #1070, so this car must
be in the same series.

No idea where the DL&W drop-frame 3 bay cov'd hopper turned CR/NYS&W ballast
hopper is, it's no longer in the cut of hoppers stored along the Arterial at
Burrstone Rd.  most of them are ex-NYC with one CNJ and one RDG thrown in
(someone call the AHRS, keep hearing scrapping rumors on this group of
cars).

Photos will likely be posted at the replacement for the railroad net
forums - http://forums.railfan.net.

Bill K.